5.10.09

how lindsay killed emanuel

So let's talk about Lindsay again. Yesterday, the newly "revamped" Emanuel Ungaro debuted its Spring 2010 collection. This debut featured its new designer Estrella Archs and its new Creative Director, Cady Heron. Oops, I mean Lindsay Lohan. I hate to talk about her (that's a lie) but she is the talk of the town. A lot of people were predicting that the line would be disastrous. Mounir Moufarrige hired her for: one, the publicity and two, to bring the youthfulness. Let's see, how do I describe the collection? It's like a Valentine's day card, a five-year-old's coloring book, and all the costumes from Mean Girls exploded onto the runway. The Valentine's day cards seem to have exploded onto some of the models foreheads, and the Mean Girls essence was ever present with the soft and hot pink runway.

Here's a treat for you all. The Times managed to get a few quotes from Miss Lohan from the design room:
“This is just so cool,” Ms. Lohan said, turning her attention to a white minidress splattered with sequins. “It needs more rhinestones, just so it pops.”
Pointing to another white dress, she said: “I call it Michelle Pfeifer in ‘Scarface.’ I was just in my office sketching for next season. I was here until, like, one o’clock last night.”

At any rate, I could go on for days - and for those of you who are my friends, I probably will - so I'll just post a few of the pictures. By the way, I love the picture I posted for this blog, Estrella Archs looks genuinely sick to be holding Lohan's hand; you can click the picture to see a clear expression on her face).




photos c/o Style.com
to see the whole show, click here

QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Glitter heart pasties? That is all.

p.s. Re: the 5th look I posted (which is the 18th look of the show); Have you all seen High School Musical 3? I think Lindsay Lohan has [:
Click here to see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment