1.10.09

lindsay & gareth

Sadly, I have more news about our celebrité du jour, Lindsay Lohan. She apparently is still the Creative Adviser for Emanuel Ungaro (now headed by designer Estrella Archs) It's been said that various and sundry buyers are refusing to go the the Emanuel Ungaro show because of her involvement with the line. Poor Estrella, her first show with Ungaro and already people don't want to go? Perhaps they should rethink this partnership. Anyhow, I'll be looking at the pictures once they're up to see how I feel about the new and revamped Ungaro line.

Happily, Paris fashion week did start yesterday and some pictures are already up. I expressed my excitement for Gareth Pugh and he did not disappoint me. I was speaking with a friend about how Paris fashion week is always so avant garde compared to some of the other cities. That makes me happy. So anyway, here are some of the pictures:




photos c/o New York Magazine
to see the whole show, click here

QUESTION OF THE DAY:
I'm a big fan of avant garde designs, must be my background in in over the top costume design. Anyhow, what do you think of avant garde fashion? Is it masterful wearable art? Or is it too far out of this world to grasp? Mark your opinion, I'd love to hear it [:

No comments:

Post a Comment