30.9.09

Paris, Anna, and Marc

Yay everyone, Paris Fashion Week starts today! I'm excited to see all the shows, are you? I, for one, am excited to see the Garth Pugh collection [:

In other news, I know I'm like a week late but I just saw The September Issue yesterday because I had to see it for an assignment, granted I would have watched it anyway. I'm happy to report that I quite enjoyed the film. It was nice to see the inner workings of [American] Vogue and its preeminent empress of all things fashion, Anna Wintour. I was expecting to see a documentary primarily about her; however, it was about the magazine, and so it was nice to see other faces in the documentary. Grace Coddington is a much needed breath of fresh air as I probably would've gone mad if it was a whole hour and a half of the Wintour of our discontent. Grace is such a sweet soul and I'm glad that she's a part of the Vogue family. André Leon Talley also provides much needed humor even though the documentary could've still been successful without his little tennis interview (you'll know what I mean if you've watched the film, and if you haven't you will). Even the photoshop boy gets some good scenes in the movie. Overall I think it was a successful documentary with fun cameos from designers, celebrities, and photographers. The film masterfully conveys the amount of hard work that goes into producing this magazine and even achieves to humanize Anna Wintour; you leave the theatre really liking this woman and all that she does.

And on a side note, Marc Jacobs is in the talks about being in a reality show, kind of like The Real Housewivesgays. Just wanted to let y'all know.

QUESTION[S] OF THE DAY:
What do you think about Anna Wintour and Vogue? Love it, hate it, or - like her daughter - don't really care for it? Spill anything and everything about how you feel about her and/or the magazine, I'd really like to hear your opinion [:

Marc Jacobs in a reality show? Really? What do you think? That's all.

p.s. "Get Demarchelier on the phone."

No comments:

Post a Comment